Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Why all the Microsoft haters?

Recently I was reading blogs trying to decide do I really want to spend time Blogging, and then I stumbled across this post: http://www.allbusiness.com/technology/software-services-applications-information/10206906-1.html

Now, I must start off and be honest, last year, I approached Allbusiness.com about becoming a blogger, and filled in all the paperwork but never heard back from them... But I didn't mind because since then I have been extremely busy and feel that I would have let Allbusiness.com and the readers down.

Today, I feel I can devote a little time each week to creating a few blog entries here and there across the internet to help give advice to other small business owners. So here i am just surfing over the last couple of nights, and I stumbled across this blog telling small business owners to use this wonderful site/application for scanning documents and document storage.

Very Green, and very cool to list something like that. However, a few minutes after reading the blog and moving on I started thinking, why would you limit them to scanning existing documents to a web hosting site? Why not give the client a "Complete tool" - perfect choice - SharePoint from Microsoft. So I hit the back button a few times to where i was back at the post and then I started typing a reply to his post.

His reply was to slam sharepoint and Microsoft. My question to you is why are there some many Microsoft haters in the world, and if there really are that many haters, why 90+% of all workstations are Microsoft OS and Office and 90+% of all corporate networks are Microsoft OS driven and finally why 90+% of all email systems are Microsoft Exchange?

Give me a feedback!

No comments: